Daily Bread Romans 10

Daily Bread Romans 10
But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"


Observation:


Paul describes the process of coming to faith, which is the same for the Jew or Gentile. As someone believes in their heart and confesses with their lips that Jesus is Lord and believes that God has raised him from the dead, they will be saved. Yes it is that simple. And then an incredible promise is given, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Many people think that to become a believer, one has to jump through a bunch of religious hoops. But Paul reminds us that the way we are justified, or made right with God, is by confession of faith. What this means is that anyone with any background can be saved by calling on God’s name through a confession that Jesus is Lord.

In the final paragraph, Paul adds a very important element. How can people confess something that they have not even been made aware of? How can anyone believe in the Good News when they have not even heard of it? He concludes by saying, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring Good News.”

Application:

One of the greatest privileges we have, if we have confessed Jesus as Lord, is to share that same Good News with someone else. One doesn’t have to be a priest or minister to be a messenger of the word of faith. It is the word of faith that the Holy Spirit uses to stir in someone’s heart the need of a Savior.

I remember when I was in high school hearing this word of faith preached. And how important it was for me to have someone to help me accept this word and accept Jesus as my Lord. That was the beginning of my faith. But I still needed many reminders and nurturing for the word of faith to come to fruition in my heart.

I am thankful for the many people who have brought the word of faith to me and my heart. A few are: Andy Elliot, Mike Sedjo, John Henderson, Bill Hybels, Lee Strobel, and Don Cousins. Most of all I am thankful to God who was patient for this word of faith to be formed in my heart. I am so excited when I can share this word of faith with others. It is the greatest privilege on earth. Remember the word of God is near you. And when you share it, it becomes near to others and saves them.

Prayer: God help me to be aware of those you want me to share the Good News with this week. Remind me that the Word is not just for me, but for all those who call upon the name of the Lord to be saved. Remind me that it is near me and it is on my lips and in my heart. In Jesus name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acts 22 - Paul Sees the Light

2 Timothy 4 - Fight the Good Fight! Finish the Race!

Hebrews 6 - Have You Graduated From Elementary School of Faith Yet?