The Greatest Psalm

This Psalm is the most known Psalm of the 150 psalms in the bible. It is the most memorized and most quoted psalm as well. It is often read at funerals because of its comforting words and assurance of God's presence. But we needn't wait until then, as it brings great comfort to us today when life's trials hit.

It is a psalm of King David. And we know how many perilous situations David encountered, before he became the greatest king of Israel. We know King David was a "man after God's own heart", and this prayer of his gives us insight into why he had such an intimate relationship with God.

In the psalm David shows us:

1. How he trusted in God for all the provisions he needed.
2. He trusted in God for guidance, wisdom, and for right path to walk in.
3. He trusted in God in his battle against darkness and evil. He could face it without fear, for He knew God was with Him in the darkest valleys and would deliver him
4. He knew God's provision always be there in the present, and when he died he would be with God forever in heaven.

His trust in God and His promises is what gave David the courage to be a man after God's own heart. So the question today is what do you need to trust in God for today? This psalm just about covers it all, but it is up to you and I to actively trust like David did. Pray today asking for God to meet your every need in Christ!

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acts 22 - Paul Sees the Light

2 Timothy 4 - Fight the Good Fight! Finish the Race!

Hebrews 6 - Have You Graduated From Elementary School of Faith Yet?