Let God Do the Heavy Lifting!

Psalm 59:9-10
You are my strength, I watch for you; you, God, are my fortress,
10 my God on whom I can rely God will go before me and will let me gloat over those who slander me.

If you are a running back in football, unless you have good blocking, you are in for trouble.  Usually the fullback or a pulling guard goes in front of the tailback to knock over defensive players.  The running back gets the glory, but if he is smart he always takes time to give "kudos" to his blockers.

David says something similar today when he talks about how God delivers him from his enemies.  He says, "I rely on God who will go before me." David can have confidence because he knows God is his "lead blocker". As long as he stays behind the Lord, he can defeat anyone.  This started in his life when he defeated Samson the giant, with a sling and a stone.  

Usually we get in trouble when we try to "go it alone".  When we are out in the open with no blocking.  In the spiritual realm, we have an enemy who is always looking to "tackle" us.  His mission and game plan are to take us out of the game.  This is why it is important whenever we go out to make sure and keep the Lord before us and in front of us.  

One of the simplest and most effective ways to do this is through prayer. In prayer we say, "God you go before me and clear the way for your power and strength to come through me."  As one friend mine says, "Let God do the heavy lifting!"  It is also good to have others pray for you when you are going into a difficult or trying situation.  When others pray for you the hosts of heaven and the Lord himself go before you.  Like David you can have peace in any situation knowing God is with you and you can do all things through his power and strength. If God is for you, who can be against you.

Where do you need God to go before you today?  Why don't you pray for Him to do the heavy lifting in this situation in your life?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acts 22 - Paul Sees the Light

2 Timothy 4 - Fight the Good Fight! Finish the Race!

Hebrews 6 - Have You Graduated From Elementary School of Faith Yet?