Do I Need to Be the "Bible Answer Man" to Share my Faith???

1 Corinthians 2:1-10

2 And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.

Many of us think that to share the Good News, we need to have everything perfected or be perfect. We need to have the answers to all of life's hardest questions. Fortunately we have Paul today who keeps it very simple. Paul admits that he is not particularly wise or eloquent, and his message is very simple. His message had two very clear points. First, Jesus Christ came down from heaven to show God's love for all people. Second, Jesus loved the world so much he died for all people on the cross, so we could come into a right relationship with God by faith.

Then, Paul says something very important for us to remember. It isn't our wise and persuasive words that are going to lead someone to Christ. Meaning, we are not responsible to bring anyone to Christ by our clever presentations. We merely have to preach the simple Gospel of Jesus coming to earth to show us God's love, and then let the Holy Spirit do the rest. Because it is only through the power of the Holy Spirit that anyone will be convicted of their need for Christ, in a sense this actually takes the pressure off us to have any fancy arguments.

I heard someone once says it this way, "I can't, God can, I think i will let him." Of course that is a little oversimplified, but i think you get the point of keeping it simple. I think one of the main reasons we are not more evangelical and willing to share or faith, is that we are either afraid of rejection, or afraid we are not the "bible answer man". But the bottom line is we share out of our own experience of God's love for us, and then are motivated to share it with others. We don't force it on anyone, because our role is not to argue someone into the kingdom.

Take some time to think about what opportunities God might have for you to share your faith. Pray that as God gives you opportunity, that you might share the "simple gospel" allowing the Holy Spirit to bring others to faith by His power. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Timothy 4 - Fight the Good Fight! Finish the Race!

Acts 22 - Paul Sees the Light

Hebrews 6 - Have You Graduated From Elementary School of Faith Yet?