God's Great Love!


Psalm 108

A song. A psalm of David.

My heart, O God, is steadfast;
    I will sing and make music with all my soul.
Awake, harp and lyre!
    I will awaken the dawn.
I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
    I will sing of you among the peoples.
For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
    your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
    let your glory be over all the earth.

We see David's determination to praise God in this psalm.  He says, "I will sing and make music", "I will awaken the dawn", "I will praise you Lord", "I will sing of you".  For David praising God with all of his heart was not just emotional it was willful and intentional.  You get the feeling that nothing was going to stop David from praising the Lord.  

And for David, praising God was a way of life . He started his day (I will awaken the dawn) with praise.  He praised God among his own people, but also among the nations. Worshipping God was central to David's whole life.  

Finally, we see some of the reason for God's praise. He says, "Great is your love, higher than the heavens; and your faithfulness reaches to the skies."  At heart of David's praise was his view of God's love and faithfulness.  Simply put, David says you can't even begin to measure the height and depth of God's love.  David was so filled with God's love that he wanted to share it with everyone.  He could not help but do it and made up his mind and will to do all the time, everywhere.

          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acts 22 - Paul Sees the Light

2 Timothy 4 - Fight the Good Fight! Finish the Race!

Hebrews 6 - Have You Graduated From Elementary School of Faith Yet?