If You Feel Far From God, Guess Who Moved?

The Lord says, “I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help. I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me. I said, ‘Here I am, here I am!’ to a nation that did not call on my name. 2 All day long I opened my arms to a rebellious people. But they follow their own evil paths and their own crooked schemes. 3 All day long they insult me to my face by worshiping idols in their sacred gardens. They burn incense on pagan altars. 4 At night they go out among the graves, worshiping the dead. They eat the flesh of pigs and make stews with other forbidden foods. 5 Yet they say to each other, ‘Don’t come too close or you will defile me! I am holier than you!’ These people are a stench in my nostrils, an acrid smell that never goes away.

Someone once said, "The Christian life is not so much been tried and found wanting, but wanting to be tried." In this passage, the prophet Isaiah is speaking for the Lord and he shows the people God's heart for them. Though they have rejected him, he has not forsaken them. You can see it is not God who has moved, but the people. The Lord says, 

"I was ready to respond but no one asked for help."

"I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me". 

I said "Here I am, here I am to a nation that did not call on my name."

"All day long I opened my arms to a rebellious people." 

What does this tell us about God? God wants to be found. God loves us even when we don't respond to him. God is patient and waits for us to call upon him. He keeps his arms open wide ready for his chiidren to call on His name again. 

Most people think God is distant, aloof to suffering, harsh, and judgmental. They don't see this side of God. They don't see how much God wants to be in a relationship with them. 600 years later, God was tired of waiting for people to come to Him, so He came to us. He sent Son into the world not to condemn it but to save it!  Jesus stepped out of heaven and became of us, so we could return to the Father. 

Do you see God this way? Have you called on his name or run into his arms? What prevents you from having a relationship with God? He is more than willing to answer your prayers and welcome you back into His arms of love!

If you feel far from God guess who moved!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acts 22 - Paul Sees the Light

2 Timothy 4 - Fight the Good Fight! Finish the Race!

Hebrews 6 - Have You Graduated From Elementary School of Faith Yet?