The Benefits of Loving God!

14 
Psalm 91:14-16
“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.


I memorized this verse about 25 years ago.  When I read it, there was just something about it that I found very comforting.  It is almost as if God were talking to me personally.  Notice it starts out, "Because he loves me".  This comment shows us the two way relationship between God and us. Then, he says "for he acknowledges my name".  One of the ways we love God is not being ashamed to acknowledge His name.  Finally, this leads to "calling on God". Calling on God shows that our trust in what He can provide, and usually happens in prayer. 

And look at what He promises us as we love him, acknowledge, and call on Him.  Look at all these benefits:

1. I will rescue him.
2. I will protect him.
3. I will answer him.
4. I will be with him in trouble.
5. I will deliver him.
6. I will honor him.
7. I will satisfy him with long life.
8. I will show him my salvation. 

Wow!  Did you read all of these?  Can anything else you trust, acknowledge and call on, provide this for you?  It is amazing that if we trust in these attributes of God that we would ever even think about running after other gods.  What an awesome God we serve.  God will rescue you and honor you all the days of your life as you call on and acknowledge Him in your life?  He will give you a long life and show you His salvation.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acts 22 - Paul Sees the Light

2 Timothy 4 - Fight the Good Fight! Finish the Race!

Hebrews 6 - Have You Graduated From Elementary School of Faith Yet?