Good Things Come To Those Who Wait! Psalm 40

Click Here to Listen or Read Today's One Year Bible Lessons

Psalm 40
For the choir director: A psalm of David.
1 I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
    and he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
    out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
    and steadied me as I walked along.
3 He has given me a new song to sing,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
    They will put their trust in the Lord.

I don't know about you, but I am impatient at times. Like many in our culture, "I want it now!" And sometimes we get that way with God. We say, "What have you done for me lately God?" We want God to be like a vending machine where we put in a dollar and push what candy bar we want to come out. But God doesn't work that way. God responds to those who wait patiently for Him. As we wait patiently for him it shows we trust him. 

As David waited patiently on the Lord, eventually God heard his cry for deliverance. David had fallen into the muck of life and needed to be hauled out. God, like a huge crane grabbed a hold of him and rescued him from the swamp of life. He lifted him up and put him on solid ground. As a result David was overjoyed. He knew God cared for him and would rescue him if he waited and called on Him. 

The result of David waiting on the Lord and being rescued was that many around him saw him get put back on his feet again. It led them to want to know the God of David. If God could do it for David, maybe He could do it for them. 

Where do you need to wait on the Lord in your life? How has he been faithful to deliver you in the past, when you were waited and trusted in Him? No matter how far you have fallen there is no place he won't come and rescue you from the muck of life. Even if we caused ourselves to get stuck there. As you trust in and wait on the Lord, those around you will see the faithfulness of God. It may spur them on to trust in Your God, the God of David.

Take a moment to pray to God thanking him for His faithfulness to you. If there is something on your heart tonight lift it up to your Heavenly Father and then wait for him to deliver you! Then you too can see aloud with a joyful heart! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acts 22 - Paul Sees the Light

2 Timothy 4 - Fight the Good Fight! Finish the Race!

Hebrews 6 - Have You Graduated From Elementary School of Faith Yet?