Daily Bread 2010 1 Corinthians 11

Daily Bread 2010

1 Corinthians 11
1Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

As I read this verse I said to myself, “This verse says it all!” It is Paul’s most succinct definition of leadership in the bible. As we read about his own life, we know he backed this statement. Another version says, “Imitate me as I imitate Christ.”

We learn how to copy things all the time. We have expensive machines to copy images, and fax machines to digitize the info we want to send off. But do we have a plan to imitate Christ. Is the church creating imitators of Christ? A good question to ask oneself is who am I trying to imitate? We pay to see good impersonators, but do we impersonate Christ in a real way, not just acting.

We see kids copying sports stars all the time. Whether it be Koby or Tiger, or the latest icon in the entertainment industry. But the question is does the church have those who are worthy of copying? Or more personally, is my life something I would want someone to copy?

To me this question gets at the heart of what the church should be about. If you want to talk about “outcomes”, which is popular in strategic planning, I would think this would be the #1 outcome you would want in the church. People who look like Jesus!

May we all have the courage like Paul to be able to make this statement some day!

Dear Jesus, thank living a life worthy copying. Give us your grace so we may increasingly look like you so the world will see that following you makes a difference in the way we live. And may this transformation draw more to want to be like You! Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acts 22 - Paul Sees the Light

2 Timothy 4 - Fight the Good Fight! Finish the Race!

Hebrews 6 - Have You Graduated From Elementary School of Faith Yet?