Where Is Your Life Hidden?

Reflection: The psalmist today gives us insight into how the inquiry process with The Lord goes. There is an urgency in his voice as he asks God to answer him soon. And as we hear his cry we see the different ways God reveals His will to him. First, he says that each morning he looks to God's Word for assurance of his unfailing love. Importantly he puts his trust in God's Word so it is not just reading it but looking to obey it. Clearly the psalmist sees his life as hidden in God and relies on God's Spirit as well to bring him to a place he calls level ground.

As he looks for deliverance from his enemies his focus is that as God rescues him it will give glory to God through him. Most impressively despite the outward foreboding circumstances, his due north is God's will through the power of the Holy Spirit. We also see his teach ability and desire to be molded by God's instruction. And at the end the day the key words he uses are, "For I am the Lord's servant."

So we see his life is not necessarily free of trying circumstances. Following God's will wholeheartedly hasn't always been the easy road, but we see his unwavering focus on who God is and the means of grace through His Word and a Spirit.

The question for today is where is your life hidden? Or better yet, if someone were to take a look at your life what would they uncover? Who are you when no one is looking? Is your life hidden in Christ? One day the bible says our life will be revealed and it will be clear where we have put our trust? In what areas are you having a hard time trusting God like the psalmist? As we seek God in all these ways we can be assured that God will cover us with his unfailing love and rescue us from our enemies.

Answer me quickly Lord my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I entrust my life.
9 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord,
for I hide myself in you.
10 Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.
11 For your name’s sake, Lord, preserve my life;
in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant.

Psalm 143:7-12
Nahum 1,2
Revelation 14:6-16

You bless the righteous, O Lord; you cover them with favor as with a shield. Psalm 5:12

Take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesians 6:16

God our Defender, your love offers us spiritual resilience from that which would harm us. May we find sanctuary in it always. Amen.
Buy the Book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acts 22 - Paul Sees the Light

2 Timothy 4 - Fight the Good Fight! Finish the Race!

Hebrews 6 - Have You Graduated From Elementary School of Faith Yet?